Laser Hair Removal is the most commonly performed laser procedure in this country for good reason. It is fast, easy, and more comfortable than other methods like waxing or electrolysis. This perfect lunchtime procedure can be done in short amounts of time depending on the area treated, and downtime is minimal.
Dr. Lewen uses the Gold Standard laser for hair removal called the LightSheer Duet which utilizes a vacuum-assist technology for the highest speed of treatment and for better comfort!
- No topical anesthetic is required
- Treatment times are reduced by up to 75%!
- You do not need to grow the hair out for effective treatment
- For best results, no waxing, electrolysis, or plucking for at least 1 month prior to treatment. Shaving is ok.
- You are advised to avoid excessive sun exposure to an area for at least 2-3 weeks prior to treatment.
- If treating a sun-exposed area, you must use sunblock for 3-4 weeks after treatment
- You will notice a significant reduction in hair even after your first treatment
- Complete treatment of an area will require multiple sessions. This varies with individual patients, but typically between 4 and 8 treatments is substantial for most areas on most patients.
- If you have a darker skin type, you can still have laser hair removal, but the treatments are generally more conservative at first to be certain that no darkening or lightening of the skin occurs as a response to treatments.