Laser Hair Removal in Miami, FL
Double board-certified oculofacial plastic surgeon, Gregory D. Lewen, M.D., offers laser hair removal for men and women in Miami, Aventura, and the surrounding areas of Florida. Dr. Lewen is one of a select few plastic surgeons who specializes in plastic surgery of the eyes.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is the most commonly performed laser procedure in this country for good reason. It is fast, easy, and more comfortable than other methods like waxing or electrolysis. This perfect lunchtime procedure can be done in short amounts of time depending on the area treated, and downtime is minimal.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
- Immediate hair removal
- Long-lasting results
- Relatively comfortable compared to other methods of hair removal
- Recommended for most areas of the body
What Should I Expect from Laser Hair Removal?
Dr. Lewen uses the Gold Standard laser for hair removal called the LightSheer Duet, which utilizes a vacuum-assist technology for the highest speed of treatment and for better comfort.
- No topical anesthetic is required
- Treatment times are reduced by up to 75% compared to similar systems
- You do not need to grow the hair out for effective treatment
- For best results, no waxing, electrolysis, or plucking for at least one month prior to treatment. Shaving is ok.
- You are advised to avoid excessive sun exposure to an area for at least two to three weeks prior to treatment.
- If treating a sun-exposed area, you must use sunblock for three to four weeks after treatment
- You will notice a significant reduction in hair even after your first treatment
- Complete treatment of an area will require multiple sessions. This varies with individual patients, but typically between four and eight treatments is substantial for most areas on most patients.
- If you have a darker skin type, you can still have laser hair removal, but the treatments are generally more conservative at first to be certain that no darkening or lightening of the skin occurs as a response to treatments
What is the Recovery like After Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal requires minimal to no downtime. Your skin may feel slightly sensitive for the first 24 hours.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
The cost of laser hair removal is based upon the treatment area and other factors that are discussed during the consultation. Prior to the appointment, we invite you to review our financing options.
Dr. Lewen is one of the few plastic surgeons in the Miami and Aventura, Florida area who specializes in plastic surgery of the eyes, including laser hair removal. Contact us today to schedule a comprehensive consultation to learn more about our services.