It is safe to say that this is an incredibly unique time in history! As we socially isolate to help #flattenthecurve, we are facing unimaginable changes to our lifestyles. So often we are too busy with our overbooked calendars that we neglect our personal routines. Let’s use this time to take a deep breath and embrace a slower paced schedule. A schedule that allows us to incorporate some self-care that is not rushed, rescheduled or pushed to another day with, “more time.” As you stare back at your reflection regretting not making it to get that last-minute Botox or filler treatment to properly utilize this downtime we’ve been gifted with, take a moment to appreciate your appearance and health.
Take this time for YOU.
How to subtly reduce your appearance of fine lines and prolong your injectables:
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated! The hyaluronic acid molecules in your Juvederm and Restylane injectables cling to water. This will aid in plumping fine lines.
- Take a long, relaxing bath. You deserve it!
- Try a new facemask or serum! We adore the TNS Essential Serum from SkinMedica, aka the Cadillac of skincare. This product does it all by enhancing skin tone and texture as well as reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. What more could you ask for?
- Get some fresh air by taking a walk while keeping a safe, social distance. Don’t forget sunscreen to protect your face, neck, and decolletage! We recommend any of the EltaMD sunscreens. EltaMD covers all skin types and levels of activity. Whether your skin is oily or dry, you are active in sports and require waterproof protection, or you just need a daily tinted moisturizer EltaMD has you covered!
- Do some online retail therapy! Being quarantined doesn’t have to be boring. Shop for outfits and skincare through your favorite local bloggers for when we are finally free to roam our beautiful beaches again!
Things to avoid in order to improve your tired appearance:
- Don’t neglect your skincare regimen! Just because you are working from home and limiting the amount of people you see a day doesn’t mean you should slack off on your skincare. Let your skin breathe and soak up all of your favorite skincare products for that post re-emergence glow! You can find our team’s skincare regimen that they’re following during quarantine here
- Avoid high amounts of sodium intake Too much sodium can leave your skin not only feeling, but also looking dehydrated, dry, and puffy. This puffiness can accumulate in your lower lids, face, and abdomen giving you a bloated appearance. Sodium in small increments is ok, just remember to drink plenty of fluids to flush this out of your body to reveal a more youthful, hydrated glow.
- Reduce the amount of alcohol consumed Dependent on who you are currently quarantined with, this may be difficult. However, keep in mind that much like high amounts of sodium intake, alcohol can also have negative effects on your skin. Alcohol dehydrates your skin resulting in a crepe like texture which highlights and deepens your already fine lines. If you must have a drink, we recommend limiting it to 1-2 drinks every other day.
- Don’t stress what is out of your control We are all in this together! If you need some entertainment or more knowledge on what we provide, follow us on all social channels for some lighthearted photos of Dr. Lewen, his workouts, and best of all, adorable Boston Terrier photos! We would love to stay connected!
While these suggestions are absolutely not the end all be all, hopefully they can provide some relief during these stressful times. When we reopen, we hope to see you to bring back your pre-coronavirus confidence! In the meantime, if you need our assistance of any kind, or wish to set up a virtual consultation we are still reachable through text, email, and phone calls.