We have all heard that our body is our temple, so we should treat it as such. Why are we always so quick to jump to quick fixes even when our health is not in the best interest? There are very simple hacks to cosmetic issues if you are not quite ready to go under the knife, or if you have other issues holding you back from your cosmetic surgery. Patients often come to me feeling they look tired yet are not ready for filler or surgery. For these patients I always discuss the benefits of the following non-surgical and least invasive approaches:
- Using artificial tears Artificial tears can not only relieve dry eyes, but also restore your natural eyelid height. When your eyes are tired and dry from straining on the computer all day, they tend to droop to compensate for the dry discomfort. Using artificial tears will help moisten the eyes, allowing you to open them fully and comfortably!
- Staying hydrated Water has so many benefits for both your skin and overall health. Staying hydrated with aid in plumping fine lines when you wish to put off getting facial filler just a little longer.
- Getting enough rest, along with regular exercise Never give up your beauty rest and exercise! Being well rested will somewhat reduce the appearance of your eyes looking discolored, dark, and hollow. Exercise will increase endorphins which will in turn, help you feel as good as you look.
- IPL or laser treatments Lunch break treatments such as IPL, are perfect for those just wanting to dip their toes into cosmetic treatments. There is minimal downtime with benefits of pigmentation correction, pore shrinking, and collagen stimulation!
- Morpheus8 with Facetite Micro-needling with radio frequency and Facetite is great alternative to undergoing the knife. These treatments combined can mimic a traditional facelift with less than 1/3 of the downtime, no incisions, no scalpels, or sutures necessary.
These seem miniscule, and won’t always get you a surgical result, however they do have an impact on appearance. Treat your body right and it will reward you. Are you ready to discuss minimally invasive procedures? Contact us to schedule a consultation!
Request a Consultation
Oculofacial Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa in Miami, Fl
To schedule a private consultation with Dr. Lewen, pleae call the office or request an appointment online. We welcome your visit.305.514.0631 20803 Biscayne Blvd. #110, Aventura, FL 33180 Contact Us